Free your movements from constraint with back shoulder gussets, each gusset allows maximum body movement ranges when reaching, stretching, lifting, etc. Each pocket on the wildland fire shirt was attentively designed to meet capacity, access, and personal item needs. Specially-designed shoulder pockets create space for fire-retardant padding (sold separately) to be inserted for greater shoulder comfort. This feature is particularly useful for those who experience shoulder pain when carrying heavy packs and for sawyers who lug heavy chain saws over their shoulders when hiking.
Patent pending “Xvent” system provides vent openings allowing body heat to escape while letting cooler air in creating body torso airflow. By backing the vent opening with a lightweight aramid material, wildland firefighters stay protected keeping the closure system from contacting the body. Each vent opening includes a Nomex® YKK® zipper for easy opening and closing.
To provide the user with extra mobility, carefully designed back shoulder gusset areas don’t restrict movement. A wildland firefighter can comfortably maneuver his or her arms while working as well as reach, stretch, lift and carry as needed.
Ideal Pocket Layout:
Excellent configuration of the wildland fire shirt’s pockets, ensuring that they make a wildland firefighter’s job easier not more difficult. Features include:
- Larger sized pockets for storage
- Easy access and closure
- Pocket specially-designed for writing tools
- Handy arm pockets to store personal items like gum, lip balm, cell phone, etc.
Specially-designed shoulder pockets create space for fire-retardant padding (sold separately) to be inserted for greater shoulder comfort. This feature is particularly useful for those who experience shoulder pain when carrying heavy packs and for sawyers who lug heavy chain saws over their shoulders when hiking.
- Material: TECASAFE™ PLUS 700 by Tencate Southern Mills, Inc.
- NOMEX® Craq-spun Thread
- YKK® NOMEX® Zipper Pulls & Tape
- Melamine Buttons
- Mil-Spec Velcro
- Single Needle Tailoring
- Total Weight (Size: XL): 27 oz. / 1.69 lbs. / 0.77 kg.
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2005 Specifications
- Patent Pending Xvent system Allows Body Heat to Escape
- Back Shoulder Gusset Allows for Excellent Maneuverability
- Ideal Pocket Layout Design
- Shoulder Pocket Fits Fire-Retardant Padding for Unmatched Comfort
- Single Needle Tailoring
- Lifetime Warranty
Chest: Keep your arms relaxed at your sides, measure under your arms at your armpits. Be sure to include the highest part of your chest and shoulder blades.
Sleeve: With arm relaxed at side and slightly bent, measure from the center back, across shoulder to elbow, and down to the wrist.